Send us a message
Please fill all required fields.
CONTACT US

Church of Transfiguration card model kit

Card model kit Church of Transfiguration

Type: Church
Series: architecture
Country: the Russia, 1714
Scale: 1:150
Volume: 20 sheets A4 (8,3” x 11,7”)
Weight: 0,2 kg

Or114
Out of stock
$9 ×

Categories: Orel - publishing house Architecture & Buildings

  • Overview
  • Reviews (0)

Overview

Card model kit Church of Transfiguration

Type: Church
Series: architecture
Country: the Russia, 1714
Scale: 1:150
Volume: 20 sheets A4 (8,3” x 11,7”)
Weight: 0,2 kg

Card model kit Church of Transfiguration.

Instruction: in English, German, Polish, and Russian (detailed illustrations are included)
For building you may need: scissors, glue for paper, sharp knife (or scalpel), awl, ruler, toothpicks or matches, cardboard (about 1 mm thick)

Even if you are the beginner in modeling, don’t be afraid to start with this model kit.
Instructions and illustrations, high quality printing and excellent coloring, perfectly selected details scale will make the process of building pleasant and amazing; at the end you will have a wonderful stunning model made by your own hands.

Prototype
Kizhi Pogost (Russian: Погост Кижи) is a historical site dating from the 17th century on Kizhi island. The island is located on Lake Onega in the Republic of Karelia (Medvezhyegorsky District), Russia. The pogost is the area inside a fence which includes two large wooden churches (the 22-dome Transfiguration Church and the 9-dome Intercession Church) and a bell-tower. The pogost is famous for its beauty and longevity, despite that it is built exclusively of wood. In 1990, it was included in the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites and in 1993 listed as a Russian Cultural Heritage site.
The Church of the Transfiguration (Russian: Церковь Преображения Господня) is the most remarkable part of the pogost. It is not heated and is therefore called a summer church and does not hold winter services. Its altar was laid June 6, 1714, as inscribed on the cross located inside the church. This church was built on the site of the old one which was burnt by lightning. The builders names are unknown. A legend tells that the main builder used one axe for the whole construction, which he threw into the lake upon completion with the words "there was not and will be not another one to match it". The church has 22 domes and with a height of 37 meters is one of the tallest wooden buildings of the Russian North. Its perimeter is 20×29 meters. It is considered that the 18-dome church on the southern shore of Lake Onega was its forerunner. That church was built in 1708 and burned down in 1963. According to the Russian carpentry traditions of that time, the Transfiguration Church was built of wood only with no nails. All structures were made of scribe-fitted horizontal logs, with interlocking corner joinery — either round notch or dovetail — cut by axes. The basis of the structure is the octahedral frame with four two-stage side attachments (Russian: прируб, "prirub" from "rubit" meaning "to cut wood"). The eastern prirub has a pentagonal shape and contains the altar. Two smaller octagons of similar shape are mounted on top of the main octagon. The structure is covered in 22 domes of different size and shape, which run from the top to the sides. The refectory is covered with a three-slope roof. In the 19th century, the church was decorated with batten and some parts were covered with steel. It was restored to its original design in the 1950s. The church framework rests on a stone base without a deep foundation, except for the western aisle for which a foundation was built in 1870. Most wood is pine with spruce planks on the flat roofs. The domes are covered in aspen. The iconostasis has four levels (Russian: четырёхъярусный) and contains 102 icons. It is dated to the second half of the 18th – early 19th century. The icons are from three periods: the two oldest icons, "The Transfiguration" (Russian: Преображение) and "Pokrov" (Russian: Покров) are from the late 17th century and are typical of the northern style. The central icons are from the second half of the 18th century and are also of the local style. Most icons of the three upper tiers are of the late 18th century, brought from various parts of Russia.

Tags: gifts Card models Paper model Buildings paper model